The new shirt features part of 10 different shirts the team has worn over the last 20 years.
| Inter e @NikeFootball presentano la maglia celebrativa dei 20 anni di partnership ⚫— Inter (@Inter) February 26, 2019
Sarà indossata in campo in occasione del #DerbyMilano del 17 marzo
https://t.co/2HLotMcp7P #FCIM pic.twitter.com/RWBXo4lZcj
“The jersey is a roadmap from Inter’s recent history. We chose 10 designs from the most successful seasons and favorite ones from the fans,” said Nike Senior Design Director Pete Hoppins, in a statement, as quoted by Sport Bible. “The challenge was to ensure that all these different striped patterns worked together and we are very satisfied with the result.”
Five of the iconic jerseys will be featured on the front and five on the back. The 10 jerseys featured are:
- 1998/99: first season of partnership between Inter and Nike
- 2008/09: the shirt of the first season after the 100th anniversary
- 2009/10: the season of the conquest of Triplete
- 2010/11: the season following the Triplete
- 2011/12: the shirt characterized by narrower lines
- 2013/14: season of the withdrawal of the Captain
- 2014/15: the shirt with the graphics’ pinstripe ‘
- 2015/16: the 25th anniversary of the victory of a European competition
- 2016/17: the jersey characterized by special graphics
- 2017/18: the qualifying season for the return to the maximum European competition
The second installment of this season’s Derby della Madonnia will be March 17. Both clubs occupy spots for next season’s Champions League and the match could go a long way to determining which team sits higher in Serie A.
What do you think? Post your comments below!