If the rumors are true … and there is certainly no guarantee they are … Inter Milan could have the services of a very talented Brazilian soon.
Several media outlets in France, Italy and the United Kingdom have suggested 20-year-old left-back/left winger Dalbert Henrique Chagas Estevao will make the move from Nice to Inter sometime near the weekend.
Dalbert has been with Nice since last year after arriving on a transfer from Portuguese side Vitorio Guimaraes. In 33 games with Nice last season, he notched four assists and seven yellow cards. He helped lead Nice to a third-place Ligue One finish last season.
Dalbert, left footed LB that LFC has been told price tag is 30M€. Very attacking LB. what you guys think? pic.twitter.com/XL6aFUK69k— Moby LFC (@MobyHaque) July 6, 2017
The big hangup with the deal is the fee Nice is asking for.
Inter initially offered €15 million plus bonuses for the Brazilian which was rejected immediately, Now, reports are that the Nerazzurri have upped their bid to around €20 million. That offer is expected to be accepted and Dalbert could be ready for a medical by the weekend.
In the coming days, Nice should accept Inter's €20 million offer for Dalbert & he'll become their third signing this summer!— ItalianFootballTV (@IFTVofficial) July 11, 2017
Sky Italia pic.twitter.com/Gq4KqmUbUM
Back in May, Football-Italia.net reported Inter had already reached terms with Dalbert but it was Nice that was reluctant, which does make sense … just look at Ivan Perisic and all of that drama.
Dalbert has had a little storied career going between Brazilian clubs like Flamengo and Fluminense along with Académico Viseu and Guimaraes in Portugal. He’s made 119 appearances in his career, scoring twice and picking up eight assists.
I mean, you can see the kid is quick and he has skill. He can be dangerous with that left foot and does a solid job creating space. Plus, he is versatile as Nice used him in back and up front.
The down side … well … he’s young and will need work. Luciano Spalletti will have some work cut out in order to make Dalbert a player the Nerazzurri can rely on.
All that said, I actually think this is a solid move by the Inter front office. He has way more potential than downside and the €20 million would be worth the money, so long as Spalletti can work him into a solid role with the club. I can see Dalbert challenging an aging Yuto Nagatomo, Cristian Ansaldi or Davide Santon for that left-back slot. I think he potentially fits in nicely with a back line that includes recent signing Milan Skriniar, Miranda and another potential pickup in the transfer season to bolster up the back.