The medical went well, obviously. Now, Dalbert has joined Inter Milan for €20 million with 20 percent of any future sale going to Ligue 1 side Nice.
✍️ | #Dalbert is now a #Nerazzurri player, signing a contract until 2022! ⚫️— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter_en) August 9, 2017
https://t.co/0lq5vCENjw#WelcomeDalbert #InterIsComing pic.twitter.com/nQ2QZgauwI
Emerson Figueiredo, Dalbert’s agent, told FCInterNews (via Football Italia) the deal was not easy to work through as Nice “seemed unbreakable.”
“Eventually though they realized that Inter was the best alternative for the lad [sic] and for the club itself,” Figueiredo said.
While details of the contract have not been released, it was rumored to be a five-year deal worth €1.2 million per season.
“I am very pleased to be part of this project,” the 23-year-old Brazilian defender told Inter Channel Wednesday. “I want to be happy here and I hope that the effort is worth it in the future.”
| #WelcomeDalbert— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter_en) August 9, 2017
#Dalbert speaks exclusively to the @Inter_Channel after sealing Inter switch! #InterIsComing #FCIM pic.twitter.com/TmE3t2onyd
Last year, Dalbert made 33 Ligue 1 appearances for Nice, helping lead them to a Champions League berth this season.
Nice officials said the transfer fee paid by the Nerazzurri was “a club record.”
“Thanks to this club record transfer, OGC Nice continues its developmental policy of not resorting to exceptional funding from its shareholders for the summer transfer campaign, which has seen seven signings [Balotelli, Lees-Melou, Makengo, Tameze, Jallet, Sneijder, St-Maximim],” the club said on its website.
The signing of Dalbert marks the fourth big signing this summer for the Nerazzurri. The club has already signed Borja Valero and Matias Vecina from Fiorentina, Milan Skriniar from Sampdoria. The club also picked up backup goalkeeper Daniele Padelli on free transfer from Torino.
Bringing on Dalbert presents a challenge, specifically for Yuto Nagatomo. The Japanese defender said he has no intention of leaving Inter, but the addition of Dalbert will add strong competition for starting minutes.
短距離100メートルで優勝した35歳のガトリン。— Yuto Nagatomo | 長友佑都 (@YutoNagatomo5) August 7, 2017
Rough translation is “Gatlin won the 100-meter sprint at 35 years of age. They say that beyond 30, your agility and speed suffer a drop and you start to feel your age, but even when you pass 30, if you respect your responsibilities, you can still produce high-quality performances. I’m now 31, but still more can be done to do one’s best.”
In other potential signing news, Borussia Dortmund said on its website that young striker Emre Mor will miss the team picture as he has been released to “hold final talks over his future.”
Emre #Mor fehlt gleich beim Shooting des Mannschaftsfotos. Er ist für finale Verhandlungen über seine Zukunft freigestellt. pic.twitter.com/jzdP2VXknN— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) August 9, 2017
Mor has been strongly linked to Inter and reports in Italy are that the Turkish national will be loaned to the Nerazzurri upon completion of a medical in Milan.
Does the signing of Dalbert spell the end of Yuto Nagatomo?
This poll is closed
Yes, there won’t be any room for Nagatomo now.
Nah, we could always use more defenders.