Inter Milan’s jersey sponsorship deal with tire-maker Pirelli is worth approximately €10.1 million per year, according to Calcio e Finanza. The value does not consider any performance penalties or bonuses.
On its list ranking the top jersey sponsorships in Europe, the publication ranked Inter 13th in Europe, behind derby rival AC Milan whose deal with Fly Emirates is valued at €14.5 million.
Derby d’Italia rival Juventus checked in at No. 11 in Europe. Their sponsorship is with Jeep (FCA) and has a value of approximately €21 million.
Of the top 13 sponsorships, Fly Emirates has four of them, including the most lucrative – Real Madrid’s €70 million haul from the airline.
In terms of jersey sponsorship in Italy, that is about it. The rest of the clubs on the list are in England, France, Germany or Spain. Here is a look at the top 10:
10. Manchester City (Etihad Airways) €24.4 million
9. Paris Saint-Germain (Fly Emirates) €25 million
8. Bayern Munich (T-Mobile) €30 million
7. Tottenham Hotspur (AIA) €36.6 million
6. Liverpool (Standard Charter) €36.6 million
5. Arsenal (Fly Emirates) €36.6 million
4. Chelsea (Yokohama) €48.8 million
3. FC Barcelona (Rakuten) €55 million
2. Manchester United (Chevrolet – General Motors) €63 million
1. Real Madrid (Fly Emirates) €70 million
Source: Calcio e Finanza.
What do you think? Leave a comment below.