The Inter Milan Primavera squad now knows the path to the Youth League title will run through Manchester, England.
After a thrilling win over Spartak Moscow that went to penalties, the Nerazzurri learned they will travel to England and face the Manchester City U19s in the round of 16 of the UEFA Youth League tournament.
Manchester City tore through its group, losing just three – 2-1 to Shakhtar Donetsk, 2-1 on penalties to Salzburg and 2-0 to Barcelona. They easily dispatched of fellow Italians Napoli, 3-1 in the first leg and 5-3 in the second.
Inter Milan had lost two in a row in the Campionato Primavera 1 prior to its shootout win over Spartak earlier this week. The two losses were enough to drop the Nerazzurri to second in the league – two points behind Atalanta whom Inter play this weekend.
UEFA Youth League
Knockout round of 16 (20/21 February)
- Bayern Munich (GER) vs. Real Madrid (ESP)
- Manchester City (ENG) vs. Internazionale Milano (ITA)
- Atletico Madrid (ESP) vs. Basel (SUI)
- Porto (POR) vs. Salzburg (AUT)
- Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) vs. Barcelona (ESP)
- Liverpool (ENG) v Manchester United (ENG)
- Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) v Monaco (FRA)
- Chelsea (ENG) v Feyenoord (NED)
Quarter-finals (13/14 March)
- Bayern/Real Madrid v Chelsea/Feyenoord
- Man. City/Inter Milan v Liverpool/Man. United
- Paris/Barcelona v Atlético/Basel
- Tottenham/Monaco v Porto/Salzburg
NYON FINALS: COLOVRAY STADIUM
Semi-finals (20 April)
- Winner quarter-final 2 v winner quarter-final 3
- Winner quarter-final 1 v winner quarter-final 4
Final (23 April)
Winner semi-final 2 v winner semi-final 1