Eleven Inter Milan players have been called up for international duty for the upcoming international break.
However, there are a few surprises.
Inter striker Lautaro Martinez has been called up by the Argentina national team for their friendlies with Venezuela and Morocco and winger Matteo Politano has earned a call by the Italian national team for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Finland and Liechtenstein.
Additionally, Kwadwo Asamoah and Keita Balde have both earned slots with Ghana and Senegal, respectively for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Here is a list of Inter Milan players and matches for the March international break:
- Lautaro Martinez – Argentina vs. Venezuela* (March 22); Argentina vs. Morocco**** (March 26)
- Marcelo Brozovic and Ivan Perisic – Croatia vs. Azerbaijan* (March 21); Croatia vs. Hungary* (March 24)
- Kwadwo Asamoah – Ghana vs. Kenya** (March 23); Ghana vs. Rwanda** (March 26)
- Matteo Politano – Italy vs. Finland* (March 23); Italy vs. Liechtenstein* (March 26)
- Stefan de Vrij – The Netherlands vs. Belarus* (March 21); The Netherlands vs. Germany* (March 24)
- Keita Balde – Senegal vs. Madagascar** (March 21); Senegal vs. Mali** (March 26)
- Milan Skriniar – Slovakia vs. Hungary* (March 21); Wales vs. Slovakia* (March 24)
- Matias Vecino – Uruguay vs. Uzbekistan*** (March 22); Uruguay in first- or third-place match*** (March 25)
- Joao Miranda – Brazil vs. Panama**** (March 23); Czech Republic vs. Brazil**** (March 26)
- Joao Mario – Portugal vs. Ukraine* (March 22); Portugal vs. Serbia* (March 25)
*- Euro 2020 qualifier
**- Africa Cup of Nations qualifier
***- China Cup
What do you think? Post your comments below!